FUJIFILM X-Pro2 premium mirrorless camera. The new model boasts a Hybrid Viewfinder capable of instantly switching between optical and electronic finders, plus an updated image sensor and processor, which dramatically improve image quality. By combining these features with the ultra-high image quality of FUJINON X-Mount lenses and the color reproduction technology accumulated through more than 80 years as a photographic film manufacturer, the X-Pro2 delivers the best ever results from an X-series camera.
Electronic viewfinders (EVF) used by mirrorless cameras are said to be superior to optical viewfinders because settings including white balance and exposure can be checked instantly, and the displayed image can be enlarged to check focusing accuracy. In some cases, however, photographers prefer a more natural view. In particular, the optical rangefinder, which allows the user to view the subject in almost the same way as the naked eye, is extremely effective and often preferred by documentary, reportage and street photographers. The X-Pro2 is the only mirrorless camera in the world featuring a Hybrid Viewfinder system that incorporates both types of viewfinder.
- 1. Newly developed 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor
- The unique random color filter array reduces moiré and false colors without an optical low-pass filter. These color filters also have the effect of increasing the resolution so, when shooting with a high-resolution Fujinon lens, the camera delivers images with a perceived resolution far greater than the actual number of pixels used.
- 2. New high-performance X Processor Pro image processing engine
- Boasting 4x the processing speed of conventional image processing engines, the X Processor Pro has increased all response times, despite the increased resolution. Write speeds, start-up time and high-speed continuous shooting speeds have all been improved. Combined with the X-Trans CMOS III sensor, the new image processing engine achieves even faster autofocus, lower noise and both tonal and color reproduction that surpasses the previous EXR Processor II.
- 3. The world’s first Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder offering the benefits of both optical and electronic viewfinders
- The X-Pro2 features optical and electronic viewfinders so users can take advantage of both: optical for a direct view of the subject, electronic to preview settings. The function to instantly switch between these two types of viewfinders was first installed on the X100 in 2011. The latest version found on the X-Pro2 is the most advanced Hybrid Viewfinder. It features a Multi-Magnification function that automatically switches viewfinder magnification according to the lens in use and an Electronic Rangefinder that simultaneously displays the electronic viewfinder on top of the optical viewfinder.
- 4. New focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/8000 sec. and flash sync up to 1/250 sec.
- A faster mechanical shutter gives extra flexibility for aperture selections in bright conditions or when shooting with flash outdoors during the day. In addition, while noise and vibration levels typically increase with faster shutter speeds, the X-Pro2 is quieter and vibrates less compared to conventional models thanks to the optimization of key controls and parts.
- 5. Robust, weather resistant body meets the needs of professional photographers.
- The camera’s chassis is made from four pieces of magnesium alloy and is sealed in a total of 61 points on each section, making it dust-proof, splash-proof and capable of operating in temperatures as low as -10°C. In addition, it has dual SD card slots, for more reliable image storage.
|Lens Mount||Fujifilm X Mount|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Max Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.6 x 15.6 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MOV, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps
1280 x 720: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps
|Video Format||High Definition
1920 x 1080p / 60 fps (36 Mbps)
|Video Clip Length||Up to 28 Min|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo
Optional External Mic: With Video, Stereo
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection:77
|Viewfinder Type||Optical, Electronic|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||2,360,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||16.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.59x|
|Diopter Adjustment||– 4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3″ Rear Screen LCD (1,620,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-12800 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)|
Speed: 30 – 1/8000 second, Time Mode
Speed: 4 – 1/8000 second in Program Mode
Speed: 0 – 60 minutes in Bulb Mode
Speed: 1 – 1/32000 second
Speed: 1 second in Bulb Mode
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 – 1/32000 second
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 4 – 1/32000 second in Program Mode
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 60 – 0 minutes in Bulb Mode
|Remote Control||RR-90 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Average metering, Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
|White Balance Modes||Automatic Scene Recognition, Color Temperature, Custom, Fine, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 8 fps at 24.3 MP for up to 83 frames in JPEG format
Up to 8 fps at 24.3 MP for up to 33 frames in raw format
Forced On/Red-eye Reduction
Rear Curtain Sync/Red-eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction
|Max Sync Speed||Mechanical Shutter: 1 / 250 seconds|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Start-up Time||0.4 seconds|
|Shutter Lag||0.05 seconds|
|Self Timer||10 seconds, 2 seconds|
|Connectivity||2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Battery||1x NP-W126 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1260 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||AC-9V (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 10 – 80%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.5 x 3.3 x 1.8″ / 140.5 x 82.8 x 45.9 mm|
|Weight||15.70 oz / 445 g body only|