Thefrom is a 12-24mm-equivalent lens featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. The optical layout comprises six extra-low dispersion elements, including three Super ED elements, which help to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color accuracy. Four aspherical elements are also used to suppress distortion, curvature of field, and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness. Also, a Nano-GI coating helps to control ghosting and flare for enhanced contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optics is a refined linear motor, which affords quick and quiet autofocus performance, and the lens body is weather-sealed in 11 distinct places to support working in trying environmental conditions.
- Impressively wide zoom is designed for FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 12-24mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and excels when working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Six extra-low dispersion elements, including three Super ED elements, are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Four aspherical elements control distortion, curvature of field, and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating has been applied to lens elements and alters the refractive index between the glass and air in order to better suppress lens flare and ghosting for diagonal incident light.
- Linear motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas.
- The lens body incorporates extensive weather sealing to protect against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.