Hasselblad X1D II 50C Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
$9,999.00 inc. GST
Due to high demand, this product is sold out and available on backorder. Due to COVID-19, shipments from the factory to Australia have been delayed significantly as a result of the grounding of airlines that carry the freight. Please allow 5-10 days to receive your item.
Continuing to take medium format out of the studio, the Hasselblad X1D II 50C is a sleek and exceptionally capable mirrorless camera, characterised by its thoughtful design and powerful imaging capabilities. This second-generation X System camera shows a revised and enhanced feature-set designed to quicken performance and make overall operation even more intuitive and streamlined. At the core of the X1D II remains the large 43.8 x 32.9mm 50MP CMOS sensor, which yields high-resolution imagery with a wide 14-stop dynamic range, 16-bit color depth, and an ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range. This sensor utilises Hasselblad’s Natural Color Solution, too, which delivers realistic, pleasing color tones for great consistency and smooth tonal transitions. An updated electronic platform also enables a faster 2.7 fps continuous shooting rate as well as a faster startup time, reduced shutter lag and blackout times, and more responsive autofocus performance.
Balancing the imaging capabilities, the X1D II is also distinguished by an updated body with a larger 3.6″ 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD and a 0.87x-magnification 3.39m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder. These work in concert to provide more comfortable and easy viewing means for shooting in a variety of conditions. The X1D II also retains the signature physical design, with an especially deep right-hand grip and smooth aluminium alloy body. The svelte overall form factor is due in part to the leaf shutter design of the XCD lenses, which obviates the need for a camera-based shutter system and affords full flash sync throughout the shutter speed range up to 1/2000 sec. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless remote control and file transferring via Phocus Mobile 2 and an integrated GPS module enables recording location data for geotagging.
- 50MP CMOS Sensor and Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- Large 3.6″ 2.36m-dot (1024 x 768) rear LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive control, menu navigation, and playback. The updated screen also has a fast 60 fps refresh rate for more fluid playback and the screen also supports autofocus point drag and drop placement and autofocus point size changes with pinch/spread finger movement.
- Enhanced 3.69m-dot (1280 x 960) OLED electronic viewfinder features a high 0.87x magnification for bright and clear eye-level viewing. The increased resolution benefits manual focus accuracy and the menu system can also be viewed through the EVF for more intuitive adjustment when working in bright conditions.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II protocol for faster read/write speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 allows for a rich tethered shooting experience from an iPad Pro or iPad Air (2019).
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector can be used for file transfer, tethered shooting from an iPad, or for in-camera battery charging via a computer, charger, or power bank.
- Integrated GPS module can be used for recording location details to image files for geotagging applications.
- Distinctly ergonomic and stylish body design uses a milled aluminium alloy chassis with a clean surface finish and minimal number of buttons and dials for a more streamlined user interface. Additionally, due to the inclusion leaf shutters within the lenses, the overall body’s design can be significantly reduced for a more compact and lightweight form factor.
- Updated electronic platform realises faster overall performance, including a 46% faster startup time, reduced shutter lag and blackout times, as well as more responsive autofocus compared to the first generation X1D.
- Optimised for use with XCD series of lenses, which offer an integrated central shutter system, capable of sync speeds up to 1/2000 sec.
- Phocus Mobile 2, available for iPad Pro and iPad Air (2019), permits importing, editing, and rating of raw images as well as importing and rating full-resolution JPEG images directly on a tablet. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 supports full-resolution image export, tethered shooting, and direct camera control.
- Conventional computer-based tethered shooting is supported via the desktop version of Phocus.