NiSi HUC PRO Nano IR Neutral Density Filter from Nisi is specially designed for landscape and potrait photographers. This filter is made from high quality optical glass with nano coating to prevent losing any single bit of detail. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and the 0.9 density provides a 3 stop reduction in light from entering the lens.
- High quality optical glass
- Nano coating for best light transmission as well as water and oil repellent.
- IR coating to eliminate the colour cast when using neutral density filter.
- Ultra thin frame to minimize vignetting on wide angle lens
Uses of neutral density filter:
- Enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- Decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- Decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- Allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure