Novoflex CASTEL-MICRO Stepping Motor Controlled Focusing Rack
$2,999.00 inc. GST
is available on purchases between $10 and $2,000 learn more
- 100mm range of motion
- Step and picture, continuous and bellows mode
- Repeatable step distance is 0.2?
- 4kg vertical carrying capacity
Stepping motor controlled focusing rack for use in a wide variety of applications in the fields of photography, measurement and science. CASTEL MICRO is the solution when conventional photographic equipment or internal camera functions reach their limits.
CASTEL-Micro is ideal for focus stacking in macro photography, for example to capture images of insects, minerals and scientific documentation, etc. The problem is well known: as the magnification factor increases ? usually above 2:1 to 50:1 ? manual focusing with a focusing rack becomes impossible. In addition, automatic functions, such as the internal camera function of focus bracketing, are no longer of much use. The consequence is that photographs with such magnification can only be captured with an enormous amount of effort. The solution is the CASTEL MICRO with its specially designed control unit and four different control modes.
Step and Picture Modes
Step and Picture modes are quick and simple to use. In these modes either the step distance or the number of shots can be specified depending on the magnification factor and the aperture of the lens. The software then automatically calculates the number of shots or the step distance required. In addition, pauses between the shots can be taken into consideration, for example for mirror lockup in SLR cameras.
Continuous mode is available for special applications in which the sliding block is in constant motion so that there is no need for acceleration and stopping distances and any associated pauses. Exposures are then best done with very fast shutter speeds and/or a flash.Bellows mode is designed for use with the optional bellows attachment CASTBAL-PRO. Adjustment at the front or back can be selected. The Bellows mode is not only ideal for macro photography but also for those fields of photography requiring much effort, special cameras and tilt and shift lenses. The BALPRO adapter system enablesthe use of various cameras and lenses. For example, it is possible to integrate high-quality, mechanical lenses used in specialist cameras into a modern stacking workflow.
The Bellows Mode
The Bellows mode imitates the software control of the autofocus of a lens in order to produce a stack of images with different focus points of one and the sameobject. The stack of images is then processed by stacking software to produce an image with an astonishing depth of focus.
The control unit is powered by rechargeable batteries (Canon LP-E6 – not included in the scope of delivery!?We recommend the use of original Canon batteries only!) and is thus ideal for outdoor applications and fieldwork. For studio work the control unit can be connected to the mains with the supplied AC-adapter.
– The CASTEL MICRO has a maximum travel distance of 100 mm and its smallest repeatable step distance is 0.2?!
– The maximum carrying capacity for vertical assembly is 4 kg.
– CASTEL-MICRO can be fully integrated into the NOVOFLEX-Q System with tripods, racks, brackets, etc. for complex set-ups.
– A camera is attached by means of the Q=MOUNT quick release unit, which is ARCA-compatible and can be offset by 90 ? if required. On the underside of the rail, the focusing rack has the ARCA-compatible dovetail profile over the entire length and can thus be used in compatible coupling units. In addition there are 2 standard 3/8″-16 and 1/4″-20 threads.
– Camera release cables are available separately for the following systems: Canon EOS, Fuji, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung, Sigma and Sony. Other cameras on request.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Novoflex BAL-EOSR Auto Bellows for Canon RF-Mount$1,449.00 inc. GST Add to cart
Novoflex NEX-RETRO Reverse Macro Adapter for Sony E-Mount Lenses$709.00 inc. GST Add to cart
Novoflex EOSR-RETRO Automatic Reverse Adapter for Canon RF-Mount Including Heliopan Protection Filter$679.00 inc. GST Add to cart
Novoflex EOS-RETRO Reverse Lens Adapter$679.00 inc. GST Add to cart