The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III is a well-rounded Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera suitable for a variety of stills and video needs. Featuring a 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and an updated TruePic IX image processor, the camera is characterised by its quick continuous shooting, up to 60 fps with an electronic shutter and 15 fps with a mechanical shutter, as well as DCI and UHD 4K video recording. The sensor and processor also offer a sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 while a sophisticated 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation system compensates for up to 7.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Beyond imaging, the sensor’s design also incorporates 121 on-chip phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance.
In regard to the E-M1 III’s physical design, it features a durable magnesium alloy body along with extensive weather-sealing to support working in harsh climates. Both a 2.36m-dot, 0.74x-magnification electronic viewfinder and 3.0″ 1.037m-dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen are featured, too, for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth further expand sharing and remote shooting capabilities, and dual SD card slots afford greater file saving flexibility.
- 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic IX Image Processor
- DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and OM-Log
- 121-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detection AF
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilisation
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and it offers a high 0.74x maximum magnification for clear, distortion-free viewing.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.037m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, and it is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback. Additionally, an LV Boost mode can be used to optimise the screen’s brightness and prioritise the frame rate when working in dark locations.
- Included BLH-1 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 420 shots per charge with normal settings or up to an impressive 900 shots per charge with the quick sleep mode activated.
- The USB Type-C port can be used for quick in-camera battery charging.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet when using the dedicated O.I.Share app for iOS and Android.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer improved flexibility for image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording. Additionally, one of the card slots is UHS-II compatible for faster read/write speeds when used with a compatible UHS-II card.
- Wide accessory compatibility provided with the incorporation of 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports, a PC sync flash terminal and top hot shoe, USB Type-C and micro-HDMI ports, and a 2.5mm port for optional remotes.
- Rugged splash, dust, and freezeproof construction incorporates extensive sealing throughout the magnesium alloy body to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments, even when a cable, microphone, or a set of headphones are attached.
- Supersonic Wave Filter and a dust-resistant coating are used to greatly reduce the likelihood of dust reaching the sensor.
- Durable shutter unit is rated to perform for over 400,000 actuations.