The Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II is a well-rounded camera, also characterised by its ergonomic design and intuitive handling. Sporting a large 20.1MP 1″ High-Sensitivity MOS sensor, the FZ1000 II is capable of producing high-resolution stills and video with impressively low noise levels and high clarity within the ISO 125-12800 sensitivity range. The sensor and processor also enable shooting continuously at up to 12 fps with single-shot AF, 30 fps at 8MP in 4K PHOTO modes, and UHD 4K video recording at 30p. Additionally, the 4K PHOTO modes allow you to produce stromotion images, which combine sequential exposures into a single frame for a dynamic finished look.
Beyond the imaging, the FZ1000 II is mainly characterised by its physical design and expansive Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 16x zoom lens, which covers a 25-400mm equivalent focal length range, as well as a 5-axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabiliser to minimise the appearance of camera shake. Also notable is the camera’s ergonomic design, which resembles an interchangeable lens camera, and incorporates both a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and 3.0″ 1.24m-dot free-angle touchscreen LCD. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share imagery or remotely control the camera from a linked smartphone or tablet.
- 20.1MP 1″ High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 16x Zoom Lens
- 4K Video and 4K PHOTO Modes
- Post Focus and Focus Stacking
- A Live View Finder (LVF) is integrated into the body design to permit comfortable eye-level monitoring. This 0.39″, 0.74x-magnification electronic viewfinder has a 2.36m-dot resolution and covers 100% of the image frame while shooting.
- Alternatively, a rear 3.0″ 1.24m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view shooting, image review, and intuitive menu navigation. The screen features a free-angle design that flips out 180° to the side and then tilts 270° to permit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- A host of manual controls offer simple, direct control over a variety of oft-used camera settings, including 13 assignable Fn buttons.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides you with 440 shots per charge when working with the rear LCD, 290 shots per charge with the electronic viewfinder, or 430 shots per charge when working with the electronic viewfinder in the eco 30-fps setting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share photos and movies to linked smartphones and tablets for direct sharing online. This connectivity also allows you to remotely control the camera from a mobile device.
- Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology affords impressively fast and precise autofocus performance to suit photographing moving subjects.
- Focus peaking is available for easier, more accurate manual focusing control.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Colour, and Sunshine.
- Still Image Scene Guide modes: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child’s Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetising Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, and Monochrome.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, L.Monochrome, L.Monochrome D, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, Cinelike V.
- Picture Adjustment settings: Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, and Saturation.