Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E
$649.00 inc. GST
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Two High Refractive Index Elements
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Linear STM AF Motor, MF Override
- Custom Switch
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Usually shipped in 3 to 5 business days
The Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 FE is a Sony E-mount prime characterised by its distinct focal length, compact design, and bright f/1.8 maximum aperture. The optical design incorporates a three extra-low dispersion elements and a pair of high refractive index elements, which help to suppress both chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness, colour accuracy, and clarity. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in order to achieve higher contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. The lens’s linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ AF systems for quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance, and manual focus override is also available for more refined control. Additionally, a Custom Switch enables making intuitive adjustments of a variety of camera and exposure settings by rotating the lens’s focusing ring.
- Compact portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and colour rendering.
- Two high refractive index elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and resolution.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral colour balance.
- The integrated linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ focusing systems for quick, quiet, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Custom switch can used for lens-based control over select exposure or shooting functions, such as aperture selection, with additional settings coming via future firmware updates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.
|Minimum Focusing Distance|
2.26' / 69 cm
Sony E / FE
10 Elements in 9 Groups
65 x 69 mm
|Widest Lens Focal|
|Longest Lens Focal|
Fix Focal (Prime) Lens