Shimoda Designs Action X50 Backpack Starter Kit
$549.00 inc. GST
- Versatile, Multiuse Rolltop Backpack
- Includes Medium DSLR Core Unit Version 2
- Rear, Side, and Top Access
- Accommodates Photo & Backcountry Gear
- Outer Straps Hold Skis/Snowboard/Tripod
- Height-Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Shoulder-Strap Phone/Stretch Pockets
- Pocket for Hydration Pack with Sip Tube
- Snow/Bike Helmet Harness, Waist Belt
- Weather-Resistant Exterior
Due to high demand, this product is sold out and available on backorder. Due to COVID-19, shipments from the factory to Australia have been delayed significantly as a result of the grounding of airlines that carry the freight. Please allow 5-10 days to receive your item.
A versatile, multiuse bag, the Action X50 Backpack can accommodate the combined interests of the adventure photographer, multimedia creator, hiker, or mountain sports enthusiast. Inside, its spacious main compartment has a partition system that forms an optional bottom section that enhances the ability to organize the backpack’s contents when used with the Shimoda Designs Medium DSLR Core Unit Version 2. Created to store and organize camera, video, audio, or digital media equipment, the Medium DSLR Core Unit Version 2 complements the Action X50 Backpack by also featuring a zippered side opening that aligns with the Action X50 Backpack’s own zippered side opening for seamless accessibility to the equipment inside when the bag is rotated from one’s back to front with the right side facing upward.
When the partition system is enabled, the space created above the Medium DSLR Core Unit Version 2 can then be dedicated to a variety of items such as outdoor gear or packable clothing that can be reached quickly and conveniently through the backpack’s top opening. A rolltop design allows the wearer to easily compress the backpack according to the specific amount of equipment placed inside it, which also serves to effectively seal out moisture and dust. When the backpack is firmly rolled shut, the top can be secured using its integrated side-release buckle closure. For use under inclement weather, a secondary, zippered closure is included along the top of the Action X50 Backpack which also provides access to organizational pockets for items that need to be accessed quickly and conveniently, such as snacks, a pair of sunglasses, or music player earphones.
If the Action X50 Backpack is placed on the ground or a flat surface, complete access to the Medium DSLR Core Unit Version 2 is provided by a swing-out zippered panel that faces the wearer’s back. Along the inside of the rear-facing zippered panel is the Action X50 Backpack’s 15″ laptop sleeve. The backpack’s front panel unzips to provide reveal additional organizational pockets as well as space to store packable clothing and can accommodate a hydration pack while featuring an opening for the hydration pack’s sip tube along the right of the wearer.
The Action X50 Backpack can be lifted via its built-in haul and side handles, and carried by its adjustable, padded shoulder straps which can be adjusted upward or downward for a better fit. A zipper along the outer edge of the strap which rests over the wearer’s left shoulder opens a smartphone pocket, while the outer edge of the strap which rests over the wearer’s right shoulder includes a stretchable side pocket that can accommodate a sunscreen tube, insect spray, snacks, or a water bottle. For heavy loads, this backpack’s removable waist belt transfers weight to the hips for additional comfort, while the sternum strap further limits unintentional shifting around the wearer.
Featuring a durable, nylon construction, the Action X50 Backpack is built to be weather resistant. To further protect its contents should the bag be placed on a wet surface, the bottom panel is waterproof.
- Versatile, multiuse backpack with equipment insert that can accommodate the combined interests of the adventure photographer, multimedia creator, hiker, or mountain sports enthusiast
- Can accommodate up to two DSLR cameras and five lenses, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens; or two DSLR cameras and three lenses, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, plus a medium-sized drone kit
- Rear access panel contains a padded, zippered pocket for a 15″ laptop
- Front panel unzips to reveal organizational pockets as well as space to store packable clothing and can accommodate a hydration pack while featuring an opening for the hydration pack’s sip tube along the right of the wearer
- Side panel along the wearer’s left side can be unzipped and contains organizational pockets that can be accessed when the bag is rotated from one’s back to front with the left side facing upward
- Zippered opening along the top of the backpack provides access to organizational pockets, a key clip, and space for items that need to be reached quickly and conveniently
- Outer edge of the backpack strap which rests over the wearer’s left shoulder opens a padded, zippered smartphone pocket
- Backpack strap which rests over the wearer’s right shoulder includes a stretchable side pocket that can accommodate a sunscreen tube, insect spray, snacks, or a water bottle
- Zippered tuck-away water bottle or tripod- holder pockets along both sides of backpack
- Multiple, heavy-duty compression straps along each side and on the front of the backpack allow tripods, as well as skis, a snowboard, or other outdoor mountain equipment to be conveniently harnessed and carried
- Included Helmet Harness allows a snow or bike helmet to be fastened against the backpack’s front panel
- Front panel ice pick loops
- Waist belt loops for hiking poles, ice picks, or tripod
- Easy-to-reach storage pockets along sides of removable waist belt
Lowepro DryZone BP 40L Waterproof Camera Backpack (Yellow)$179.00 inc. GST Add to cart
MindShift Gear BackLight 18L Backpack (Charcoal)$329.00 inc. GST Read more
Think Tank Photo Airport TakeOff V2.0 Rolling Camera Backpack (Black)$649.00 inc. GST Read more
Peak Design Everyday Backpack (20L, Ash)
$399.00inc. GST Read more