Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E
$1,499.00 inc. GST
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/5 to f/29
- One FLD Element, Four SLD Elements
- Stepping Motor AF System
- OS Image Stabilisation
- AFL Button and Zoom Limiter Switch
- Compatible with Optional Tripod Socket
- Dust- and Splash-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Due to high demand, this product is sold out and available on backorder. Due to COVID-19, shipments from the factory to Australia have been delayed significantly as a result of the grounding of airlines that carry the freight. Please allow 5-10 days to receive your item.
The Sony E-mount 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary lens, from Sigma, is a versatile telephoto zoom mixing a hand-holdable design with apt optical performance. A series of low dispersion glass elements are used to achieve high clarity and colour accuracy throughout the zoom range, and to suppress chromatic aberrations and colour fringing. Complementing the optics is intuitive handling, in which a stepping motor delivers fast, near-silent autofocus performance along with fine-tuned manual focus control. Additionally, four stop-effective optical image stabilisation helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting and this 100-400mm is also compatible with the optional TS-111 Tripod Socket for steady shooting atop a tripod or monopod.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, but can also work with APS-C models where it provides a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- One F Low Dispersion (FLD) element and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Optical image stabilisation compensates for up to four stops of camera shake to help realise sharp imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- Integrated stepping motor realises quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- At the 100mm end of the zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 3.7′ is available, and at the 400mm end, the minimum focusing distance is 5.2′ with a maximum magnification of 1:4.1.
- Integrated AFL button can be programmed to adjust various shooting settings and the lens also features a focus limiter switch for faster focusing performance within certain distance ranges. There is a zoom lock switch to prevent the barrel from accidentally extended.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount’s design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Compatible with optional TS-111 Tripod Socket for working atop a tripod or monopod; the included PT-31 Protective Cover can be attached to the lens to maintain a seamless appearance if the tripod socket is not used.
86 x 197.2 mm
Sony E / FE
|Minimum Focusing Distance|
3.61' / 1.1 m
22 Elements in 16 Groups
1135 g / 2.5 lb
|Widest Lens Focal|
|Longest Lens Focal|
Telephoto Lens, Zoom Lens