The a6100 fromSony is an APS-C-format mirrorless camera that is well-suited for stills and video applications. Featuring a 24.2MP CMOS sensor and a BIONZ X processor, capturing high-resolution stills with a broad sensitivity range and low noise is possible. The sensor and processor combination also affords UHD 4K video recording along with quick continuous shooting up to 11 fps for working with moving subjects. Also benefitting fast-paced shooting, Real-time Eye AF and subject tracking capabilities help to ensure sharp focus on a variety of subject types.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the a6100 features a 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear eye-level viewing. A rear 3.0″ 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD is also available and has a 180° tilting design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless sharing of imagery as well as remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
- 24.2MP Exmor CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- 4D FOCUS
- The SVGA Tru-Finder 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring.
- A 3.0″ 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- The touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you’re looking into the viewfinder.
- Integrated 3.5mm microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for approximately 420 shots per charge when working with the LCD screen.
- In addition to the battery, the a6100 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6100 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera’s shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.