The 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 Di III RXD from Tamron is a wide-to-super-tele zoom distinguished by its bright f/2.8 maximum aperture at the wide end of the zoom, along with its sleek and portable design. A series of specialised elements are used to maintain high sharpness and clarity throughout the zoom range. Benefitting the optical design is an RXD stepping motor, which enables quick, near-silent autofocus performance to suit stills and video, along with full-time manual focus override and a minimum focusing distance of 7.5″. Suiting this lens’s use in harsh climates, it also sports a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.
- All-in-one zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 42-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8-5.6 maximum aperture range suits working in available lighting conditions, especially when working at the wide-angle end of the expansive zoom range.
- A series of specialised elements control a variety of aberrations in order to achieve high sharpness and clarity.
- RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) autofocus motor delivers impressively quiet, quick, and smooth focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. This focusing system also offers a minimum focusing distance of just 7.5″ and a 1:3.1 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and it is compatible with Sony’s Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Zoom Lock switch keeps the lens in its retracted position when not in use.